Kunle Makinde Adetokunbo also known Dejo Tunfulu, who died on Thursday, was a prominent Yoruba comic actor, writer, and producer.
Here are five things you need to know about late Dejo Tunfulu.
- He got his name “Dejo Tunfulu” from his comic roles in movies, often as a stammerer.
- He started acting way back in high school when he joined the entertainment society (a school drama club) and did some stage plays in the early 1980s.
- Dejo Tunfulu lived in close proximity to some notable stars like Fausat Balogun (Madam Saje) and Kayode Olasehinde (Baba Ajirebi) while growing up and had the opportunity to receive training from them even as a boy.
- He joined Akuko Gagara Theatre Group and Kolawole International Theatre Group, where he got his first television appearance in 1987 in the drama series “Apere Ijongbon” presented by the Kolawole International Theatre Group.
- The actor shot into limelight for his role in the movie titled: “Omo Oran”, featuring the veteran actor Fatai Adetayo (Lalude).
Leave a Reply